Yann Tiersen (born 23 June 1970) is a French musician. His musical career is split between studio albums, collaborations and film soundtracks with a distinctive sound that is always involved. It can be recognized by its use of a large variety of instruments; primarily the guitar, synthesizer orviolin together with instruments like the melodica, xylophone, toy piano, harpsichord, accordion and typewriter.
Tiersen is often mistaken for a composer of soundtracks, himself saying “I’m not a composer and I really don’t have a classical background”, but his real focus is on touring and studio albums which just happen to often be suitable for film. His most famous soundtrack for the film Amélie was primarily made up of tracks taken from his first four studio albums.
10. Yann Tiersen – La Valse des Monstres
09. Yann Tiersen – Le Moulin
08. Yann Tiersen – Coma
07. Yann Tiersen – Le Banquet
06. Yann Tiersen – Rue des Cascades
05. Yann Tiersen – La plage
04. Yann Tiersen – Sur le fil
03. Yann Tiersen – La Noyee
02. Yann Tiersen – comptine d’un autre ete l’apres midi
01. Yann Tiersen – La Valse D’Amelie